2018 Porsche 911 Carrera T
Chassis no. WPOZZZ99ZJS102467
- Rare in special colour, Lava orange.
- Black leather interior.
- 7-speed manual transmission.
- Sport Design Package.
- Sport Chrono stopwatch in white.
- Chrono Package including Porsche Track Precision app.
- Delivery mileage only.
- Sport bucket seats.
- Sport bucket seatbelt passage painted in lava orange (Exclusive).
- Air vents painted in lava orange (Exclusive).
- LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus).
- Tinted taillights.
- Park assist (front and rear).
- Heated multifunction steering wheel.
- 20-inch Carrera S wheels painted in Titanium Grey (high-gloss).
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including online navigation.
- Digital Radio.
- Full frontal and rear quarter Paint Protection Film from new.
Good things happen when you start with the right DNA. The new Porsche 911 Carrera T takes its heritage from the 1968 911 T (the T stands for Touring). The 2018 model is lightened to 1425kg and given a further GT-style weight reduction with thinner rear and side glass from the GT2 RS, fabric door strips instead of door handles, and less sound deadening.
The 911 T features a deeper front splitter, 20-inch wheels, a sports exhaust, the excellent Porsche PASM adaptive damping system with a 20mm suspension drop and a mechanical limited slip diff. This example was ordered new with expensive optional extras including Lava Orange exterior colour (this also happens to be the launch colour for the 911 GT3 RS Gen 1), sports bucket seats and the full Sport Design package (recommended by Porsche) which comprises new front apron with new front spoiler and new rear spoiler.
The whole experience is more focused and urgent compared to the standard Carrera. The 911 T instinctively attacks bends, particularly on narrow roads where its trim figure and nimble handling is a distinct advantage. Together, the engine position and limited-slip differential also create monstrous traction and grip.
The Porsche 911 T is effortless to drive, but at the same time honed for the open road. The 3-litre flat-six turbocharged engine puts out 370bhp; enough to pass 60mph in around 4.5 seconds and pull comfortably from any engine speed. The shorter seven-speed manual gearbox is also a serious improvement on the current 911.
There is nothing sparse about the 911 T, but there is a pleasing simplicity that makes it feel already iconic. It has everything you need, and nothing you don’t. This exceptional 2018 Porsche Carrera 911 T was ordered new and specified by us for the ultimate balance between practical use and out-and-out performance. This is a car that must be experienced.