1996 Porsche 993 RS
A rare 1996 Porsche 993 RS finished in black (741) with black leather, yellow hard back Recaro racing bucket seats.
1 of 1,014 produced of the last air-cooled lightweight RS Porsches. This RS is was ordered new in Germany (C00) with air-conditioning, electric windows and the small spoiler option. It has covered approximately 62,000 miles and has a full history file including the original Fahrzeugbrief.
- Air-cooled engine (M64/20), rear mounted, horizontally opposed ‘boxer’ six-cylinder.
- Single overhead camshaft, two valves per cylinder, Variocam, dry sump lubrication.
- 3800 cc, 300 hp at 6500 rpm, 355 lb ft at 5400 rpm.
- 6 speed manual gearbox with double mass flywheel.
- Lightweight monocoque steel body with aluminium front lid and doors.
- Independent, Porsche optimised McPherson spring strut axle at the front with adjustable twin-tube gas-charged shocks.
- Independent, five arm configuration at the rear with adjustable single-tube gas-charged shocks.
- Four piston (front) and four piston (rear) light alloy brake callipers with perforated discs.
- 172 mph, 0-60 mph (0-100 km/h) – 5.0 secs.
- 197 – Stronger battery.
- 451 – Reduced radio preparation.
- 459 – Front strut brace.
- 562 – Front airbags.
- 567 – Top-tinted windscreen.
- 573 – Air-conditioning.
- 651 – Electric windows.
- 718 – Equipped with next model year VIN.